An individual who obtains the position of cashier should have a professional and courteous personality, provide and deliver professional, helpful, high quality service and assistance before, during, and after the customer’s requirements are met in the store and/or via telephone. The individual should also have excellent customer service skills, knowledge of products, multi-tasking skills, friendly telephone skills, flexible work hours, assist in preparing Jazzy Cheesecakes’ products and cleaning and maintaining the business location.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Greets customers in a pleasant, friendly and helpful manner.
- Assist and complete orders for customers; including answering customer questions related to products, ingredients, etc.
- Operate cash registers and credit card machines when completing transactions.
- Arranges all product in an attractive manner in the display cases and on shelves and counters.
- Maintain displays cases with fresh products and rotated as needed. Display cases should at all times be stocked with product.
- Clean, sanitize and maintain display cases at all times.
- Keep front line and lobby areas organized, clean and sanitary by sweeping and mopping floors, cleaning entry doors, wiping counters and immediately cleaning up any spills.
- Assists bakers with cake cutting, topping cheesecakes, washing dishes and other basic duties.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Ability
- Must be able to complete customer order forms completely and file each one properly so that every order is filled on time.
- Must have the dexterity and technical ability necessary to operate a cash register, credit card machine, and computer.
- Must be able to endure hours of standing, walking around behind counters and bending to retrieve baked goods from display counters.
- Must have great communication skills and be willing to work with the general public.
- Must be patient with customers who are dissatisfied and understand when it is necessary to request assistance from a Jazzy Manager.
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Good reading and math skills.
- Basic computer skills.
- Excellent verbal communication skills and legible writing.
- Previous experience working in a bakery or other type of food service job.
- Most of the work time will be spent standing.
- At times floors may be wet; therefore, we require slip resistant shoes.
- Will be occasionally necessary to deal with long lines of customers.
– Vacation – Vacation accrual begins on the first day of full- or part-time employment. Vacation can be used only after it is earned after one year of continuous service and based on your average hours over the 12-month period.
– Holiday Pay – Jazzy Cheesecakes recognizes three paid holidays each year for full-time associates: New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, and Independence Day. Your Birthday is also a paid day off.
– Profit-Sharing Bonus Program – A profit-sharing bonus awards an employee a percentage of the company’s profits and is based on the company’s actual earnings over a set period of time. Employees only benefit from this type of bonus when a company sees a profit. Bonuses may be awarded in August and December. You must be employed for a minimum of 90 days to qualify for this benefit. You must also be actively employed at the time of the bonus distribution and must not have received any form of reprimand (verbal or written warning, suspension, etc.), within the previous 60 days of the distribution.
– 401K Program – eligibility is determined by service (1 year/1000 service); an employee becomes eligible if they work for the company for 1 year and in that 1 year works 1000 hours. When you become eligible, ADP, our payroll company will contact you directly.