Job DescriptionA Jazzy Overnight Baker job description involves working in the bakery overnight, mixing batter, baking cheesecakes, cakes, pies, cobblers and other pastries. To be successful in this role, you should have work experience as a Baker. Ultimately, you will make sure we offer fresh and delicious goods to our customers on a daily basis.
A Jazzy Overnight Baker is primarily responsible for working the cake decorators at a bakery, to ensure product needed is baked daily accordingly.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Bake product needed for customer orders, and store.
• Clean kitchen equipment and tools before/after use.
• Weigh cheesecake batter for accurate amounts.
• Bake different types of Cakes and Cheesecakes.
• Ensure oven temperatures are on the right temp to ensure proper baking.
• Mix various ingredients to bake cakes and cheesecakes. As well as toppings.
• Prepare custom-made pastries based on customers’ preferences (e.g., birthday cakes)
• Bake specialty Cheesecakes (e.g., gluten-free or vegan desserts).
• Track food supplies and report low stock items to manager.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Ability
• Familiarity with all professional kitchen equipment, including mixers and blenders.
• Understanding of food safety practices.
• Experience as a Baker or Pastry Chef.
• Excellent time-management skills.
• Ability to remain calm and focused in a fast-paced environment.
• Team spirit, with a customer-focused attitude.
• Flexibility to work in early morning shifts and late-night shifts.
• Certification from a culinary school is a plus but not required.
Education and Experience
•High School Diploma or equivalent.
•Good reading and math skills.
•Basic computer skills.
•Excellent verbal communication skills and legible writing.
•Previous experience commercial baking.
•Most of the time will be spent standing.
•At times floors may be wet; therefore, we require slip resistant shoes.
*Training period is 6 weeks and completed during the day, typically 10am-5pm.