Job DescriptionA Jazzy Cake Decorator job description involves our Cake Decorators incorporating creativity into their work. They decorate beautiful cakes, pies, pastries, and other sweet products according to Jazzy’s company policy. Paying attention to detail is particularly important for Cake Decorators.
A Jazzy Cake Decorator is primarily responsible for decorating the cakes at the bakery, to ensure product has the highest quality of design.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Ices, decorates, packages, labels, and store products for island refrigerator cases.
• Ices, decorates, trays, and maintains product in freezer and refrigerated showcases.
• Fills customer special orders, including custom orders.
• Sells products by providing customers with information needed to make product-related decisions.
• Operates the Bakery department mixer.
• Follows Jazzy’s guidelines for cake decorators and maintain Jazzy’s high standards for product freshness and sanitation.
• Organizes and rotates stock in the Decorator’s freezer.
• Assists with the delivery and setup of custom cakes as needed.
• Assists in other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Ability
• Expert with all professional kitchen equipment, including mixers and blenders.
• Understanding of food safety practices.
• Experience as a commercial cake decorator.
• Excellent time-management skills.
• Ability to remain calm and focused in a fast-paced environment.
• Team spirit, with a customer-focused attitude.
Education and Experience
•High School Diploma or equivalent.
•Good reading and math skills.
•Basic computer skills.
•Excellent verbal communication skills and legible writing.
•Previous experience commercial cake decorating.
•Most of the time will be spent standing.
•At times floors may be wet; therefore, we require slip resistant shoes.