Full-time Bakery Manager | Charlotte Location
Job DescriptionA Jazzy Bakery Manager’s job description involves being in a fast pace, high volume bakery. Applicant should be a strong-willed and take-charge individual, ready to lead a staff of 12-16. Manager would be responsible for managing several positions which may include overnight and day shifts. Must be proficient in multi-tasking and good common-sense skills.
A Jazzy Bakery Manager Position entails managing inventory reports, ordering product, managing productivity, being able to provide good leadership and receives feedback well. Willingness to work a flexible schedule with hours ranging between 40-50 hours per week is required. Must understand holidays including but not limited to Christmas, Valentines and Thanksgiving are peak times and hours can increase. Our store is open 7 days per week, hours/days can vary. Have a precise knowledge of latest baking technology and resources.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan, schedule and supervise bakery production, shipping and cleaning activities to highest safety and sanitation standards.
- Supervise work of bakery staff.
- Order and arrange for correct ingredients, supplies and equipment if needed with operations.
- Be responsible for consolidation of product orders from customers.
- Assure the proper use and care by staff of a large variety of highly specialized production desserts.
- Ability to monitor food quality.
- Be responsible for inventorying of stock.
- Ability to make day to day decisions and follow through.
- Assist bakers and cake decorators with production or when schedule falls behind.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Ability
- Expert with all professional kitchen equipment, including mixers and blenders.
- Understanding of food safety practices.
- Experience as a commercial baker manager is preferred.
- Excellent time-management skills.
- Ability to remain calm and focused in a fast-paced environment.
- Team spirit, with a customer-focused attitude.
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Good reading and math skills.
- Basic computer skills.
- Excellent verbal communication skills and legible writing.
- Previous experience commercial cake decorating and supervisory/Managerial skills.
- Most of the time will be spent standing.
- At times floors may be wet; therefore, we require slip resistant shoes.
– Vacation – Vacation accrual begins on the first day of full- or part-time employment. Vacation can be used only after it is earned after one year of continuous service and based on your average hours over the 12-month period.
– Holiday Pay – Jazzy Cheesecakes recognizes three paid holidays each year for full-time associates: New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, and Independence Day. Your Birthday is also a paid day off.
– Profit-Sharing Bonus Program – A profit-sharing bonus awards an employee a percentage of the company’s profits and is based on the company’s actual earnings over a set period of time. Employees only benefit from this type of bonus when a company sees a profit. Bonuses may be awarded in August and December. You must be employed for a minimum of 90 days to qualify for this benefit. You must also be actively employed at the time of the bonus distribution and must not have received any form of reprimand (verbal or written warning, suspension, etc.), within the previous 60 days of the distribution.
– 401K Program – eligibility is determined by service (1 year/1000 service); an employee becomes eligible if they work for the company for 1 year and in that 1 year works 1000 hours. When you become eligible, ADP, our payroll company will contact you directly.