Full-time Baker | Charlotte Location
An individual who obtains the position of a Baker will use their knowledge and understanding of ingredients and food preparation to craft recipes and create baked goods. They will measure and mix raw ingredients, bake and decorate items, and ensure that all raw and finished goods adhere to Jazzy Cheesecakes’ high quality and food safety standards. You will be responsible for working with the cake decorator and BOH Lead to ensure daily product needs are established and met accordingly.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Bake products needed daily for customer orders and the bakery.
- Clean and sanitize kitchen equipment and tools before/after use.
- Weigh cheesecake batter to accurate amounts.
- Bake a variety of cakes and cheesecakes.
- Ensure oven temperatures are on the right temp to ensure proper baking.
- Mix various ingredients to bake cakes and cheesecakes
- Prepare custom-made products based on customers’ preferences (e.g., birthday cakes)
- Bake specialty Cheesecakes (e.g., gluten-free or vegan desserts).
- Track food supplies and report low stock items to manager.
- Decorate baked products using glaze, icing and other toppings to achieve a finished and professional appearance.
- Ensure the proper storage of baking utensils.
- Assist with any other duties that may be assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Ability
- Prior experience in a commercial bakery setting
- Knowledgeable of professional kitchen equipment, including mixers and blenders.
- Excellent customer service and communications skills
- Flexible schedule
- Understanding of food safety practices.
- Excellent time-management skills.
- Ability to remain calm and focused in a fast-paced environment.
- Team player, with a customer-focused attitude.
- Valid ServSafe certificate
Education and Experience
- 3+ years of commercial baking experience
- Culinary degree preferred but not required
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Good reading and math skills.
- Basic computer skills.
- Excellent verbal communication skills and legible writing.
- Previous experience working in a commercial bakery or other type of food service job.
- Most of the work time will be spent standing.
- At times floors may be wet; therefore, we require slip resistant shoes.
- Will be occasionally necessary to deal with long lines of customers.
– Vacation – Vacation accrual begins on the first day of full- or part-time employment. Vacation can be used only after it is earned after one year of continuous service and based on your average hours over the 12-month period.
– Holiday Pay – Jazzy Cheesecakes recognizes three paid holidays each year for full-time associates: New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, and Independence Day. Your Birthday is also a paid day off.
– Profit-Sharing Bonus Program – A profit-sharing bonus awards an employee a percentage of the company’s profits and is based on the company’s actual earnings over a set period of time. Employees only benefit from this type of bonus when a company sees a profit. Bonuses may be awarded in August and December. You must be employed for a minimum of 90 days to qualify for this benefit. You must also be actively employed at the time of the bonus distribution and must not have received any form of reprimand (verbal or written warning, suspension, etc.), within the previous 60 days of the distribution.
– 401K Program – eligibility is determined by service (1 year/1000 service); an employee becomes eligible if they work for the company for 1 year and in that 1 year works 1000 hours. When you become eligible, ADP, our payroll company will contact you directly.