Job DescriptionA Jazzy Assistant Bakery Manager’s job description involves being in a fast pace, high volume bakery. Applicant should be a strong-willed and take-charge individual, ready to assist in leading a staff of 12-16. Assistant Manager would be responsible for assisting the Bakery Manager with managing several positions which may include overnight and day shifts. Must be proficient in multi-tasking and good common-sense skills. Assistant Bakery Manager will report directly to the Bakery Manager. This is an hourly position.
Assistant Bakery Managers must follow approved procedures for receiving product, price marking, and restocking cases to ensure quality protection, accuracy, and product rotation. They must follow all inventory control procedures to maximize product freshness, quality, turnover, and availability for maximum sales. They will assist customers and will properly merchandise products in display cases and price correctly according to company standards. Assistant Bakery Managers will assume the responsibility of Bakery Manager in his/her absence. Willingness to work a flexible schedule with hours ranging between 40-50 hours per week is required. Must understand holidays including but not limited to Christmas, Valentines and Thanksgiving are peak times and hours can increase. Our store is open 7 days per week, hours/days can vary. Have a precise knowledge of latest baking technology and resources.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee cleaning activities to highest safety and sanitation standards.
- Assist with supervising work of bakery staff.
- Communicate with Bakery Manager about ordering supplies in a timely manner.
- Assist staff with daily job duties if needed.
- Assure the proper use and care by staff of a large variety of highly specialized production desserts.
- Ability to monitor food quality.
- Be responsible for direct communication with staff and customers.
- Ability to make day to day decisions and follow through.
- Monitor work flows and work with Bakery Manager for any improvements/idea.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by Bakery Manager.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Ability
- Expert with all professional kitchen equipment, including mixers and blenders.
- Understanding of food safety practices.
- Experience as a commercial baker manager is preferred.
- Excellent time-management skills.
- Ability to remain calm and focused in a fast-paced environment.
- Team spirit, with a customer-focused attitude.
Education and Experience
•High School Diploma or equivalent.
•Good reading and math skills.
•Basic computer skills.
•Excellent verbal communication skills and legible writing.
•Previous experience commercial cake decorating and supervisory/Managerial skills is preferred.
•Most of the time will be spent standing.
•At times floors may be wet; therefore, we require slip resistant shoes.